Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Introduction

Hello!

My name is Eleanor Brimmer. I am a Grade III para dressage rider, and 2011 was first year competing at an international level. I have two horses, Carino H a twelve year old Holstiner gelding by Caretino and Vadico Interagro a ten year old Lusitano gelding by Quixote Interagro. We are still very much in the development phase, but my biggest accomplishment of 2011 was qualifying both horses for the USEF National Para Dressage Championships, I was Reserve Champion and Third overall with Carino and Vadico within Grade III. Grade III is equivalent to second level, and includes riders that are blind or have mild multi limb impairment. My disability is Cerebral Palsy, that primarily causes muscle tightness on my left side. I causes many challenges in my riding, my body is not balanced and I have weakness on that left side.

I'm looking forward to facing new challenges in 2012. I'm currently in Wellington, FL with Carino training with Rosalind Kinstler for the winter. We have two CPEDI***s in January, where I hope to qualify for selection trials for the 2012 Para Olympics in London. While I am in Florida I am also attending the USDF Young Rider Graduate Program and I am going to working towards becoming a "r" technical delegate so I can eventually become a para dressage steward.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Ellie. If you need any help with the whole blogging thing, let me know. Good luck this winter.

    ReplyDelete