Thursday, January 5, 2012

Goals for 2012

I have big plans for 2012. I hesitate to bring the "r" word as in resolution into the discussion because New Years Resolutions seem to have become associated with people making the same promises to themselves and the being unable to keep them. These are my riding goals for 2012, hopefully I will be able to make steps towards accomplishing each one, if not checking them off the list completely.

2012 Goals

  • Score a 60% on a team or individual test for Grade III at a CPEDI***. 
    • I'm already working towards this just by being here in Wellington, I've entered the two CPEDI***s this January, so hopefully I will be able to achieve this very soon.
  • Score a 60% on First Level Test 2 or 3 to complete my first and second level bronze medal scores.
    • I already got a 60% on First Level Test 1 this summer, and my Para FEI tests are equivalent to Second level, so I would like to fill in this requirement. 
  • Score a 65% on a team or individual test for Grade III at the Para Olympic Selection Trials.
    • If I achieve my first goal and I am able to go to selection trials, you need a 65% on one of the two tests to be considered for the team. It will be a difficult challenge, but not totally unattainable. 
  • Become a "r" Dressage Technical Delegate. 
    • This is part of my long term goal of becoming a para FEI steward. Good news is that there are lots of shows here in Wellington, so I should be able to do some volunteer work to get the ball rolling on this. 
  • Begin the "L" program.
    • I got my "L" program score this past year, so I would like to actually begin the program. I checked the USDF calendar and I don't see and section "A"s on the schedule, but I will have to keep monitoring this so I can attend when they do schedule one. 
  • Start scoring in the 70% range in para FEI test of choice at national shows.
    • This will again be a big challenge, but after my experiences I can safely say you can generally expect to score about 5-10% lower in international shows than you do in national shows. So I need to work hard to get the big numbers at the national shows so I get adequate ones in the international ring. 
  • Start schooling all Third Level movements.
    • I would like to work towards completing my bronze medal so eventually I will have to ride third level. Will need to learn/improve: extended gaits, half pass, single flying change. 
  • Be able to sit Carino's trot, and get Vadico really through in the snaffle and the double. 
    • This means I need to continue working on improving my strength and flexibility outside of riding via cardio, weight lifting, and pilates also get the coaching and training I need with the horses. Also attend more clinics and read more books, really steep myself in the theory so I can be a better trainer for my horses.

I know I probably won't accomplish everything on this list, but if I can just get a few of these things done I know I will be that much closer to my goals. What are your goals for 2012?

No comments:

Post a Comment